Thursday, September 11, 2008

'Twas the night before flightmas ...

Yeah, I've been starting to psych myself out about this. I've also been trying to psych myself up for it too. Delicate balancing act there. But the fact is, tomorrow will be a huge litmus test. It's been a rough summer, which like it or not has resulted in some deep changes in my life that quite simply severely needed to happen. I'm still getting somewhat used to the new me, physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

All of those get tested tomorrow.

I tried pushing the physical part on Sunday with an insane 1100 calorie (in 40 minutes) monster bike ride around the hills of Cville. Now, my right knee is in agony and makes disturbing snap, crackle, pop noises.

Let's hope tomorrow's test goes better.

I've been here before. I feel like I'm back in high school before a debate tournament. No, I feel like the night before the final rounds of a debate tournament. It's do or die tomorrow. Damn, I wish I had my old Rocky III soundtrack cassette and walkman.

No comments: