Friday, September 12, 2008

Grounded

Well, I got grounded yesterday. The cloud ceiling was at 1300 feet and raining. Apparently the minimum for newbie flights is 1500 feet.

Just as well, I wasn't in the best frame of mind yesterday anyhow. I somehow seriously injured my knee last week. My doctor says it's a patellofemoral injury (aka runner's knee). I have been working out insanely hard on the machine as well as biking to work every day and jogging four miles every other. Last Thursday was a particularly strenuous jog and Sunday a ridiculously ambitious bike ride around town.

It's annoying not to be able to bike or jog. Even worse, we had a very long "tech persons" meeting yesterday that simply would not die. Somehow it put me in a really bad mood for the rest of the day. The fact that the meeting room was freezing cold (seriously ... beyond reason) didn't help.

So perhaps getting grounded is a blessing in disguise. We're re-scheduled for next Wednesday. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: